Skip to main content
Non-Degree Enrollment

Payment Options

Full payment — or a purchase order or letter authorizing payment by a third party — is due after you register. 

Below are options for paying for your course.

Electronic Check (ACH)

An electronic check (ACH) is an online payment method that uses the routing and account numbers of your checking or savings account. There is no fee to pay by ACH. In one to two business days, after we process your registration form, you'll get an email with a link to your invoice and a secure payment site.

Credit or Debit Card

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. There is a 2.75% nonrefundable service fee (minimum $3) when paying by card. In one to two business days, after we process your registration form, you'll get an email with a link to your invoice and a secure payment site.

Bank Check

Please make your bank check payable to University of Washington. Checks must be in U.S. funds and drawn on a U.S. bank. There is a $25 service charge for returned checks.

Third-Party Payments

If your employer has agreed to pay your educational costs upfront, on your behalf, this is a third-party payment. However, if your employer requires you to pay first and then apply for reimbursement, the employer is not considered a third-party payer.

To pay via third-party, you must present a purchase order or letter of authorization to bill from the employer with your registration form. We’ll invoice your employer directly for payment; any amount not covered by the third-party payment is your responsibility.

Private Loans

While non-degree students are not eligible for federal student aid, they may qualify for private bank or educational loans.

If you plan to pay with a loan, you must download, print and complete the payment agreement form and submit it with your registration forms.

Private loan funds must be certified by Registration Services before they can be applied to your account. To ensure that your loan was certified, email Registration Services at with your full name and UW student number.

If the amount of your loan is greater than the charges on your account, the difference will be sent to you via direct deposit or as a check mailed to your local address on file.

Veterans Education Benefits

If you're a United States military veteran, you may be able to use VA benefits to pay program costs. Contact the UW Veterans Education Benefits Office to determine eligibility before registering.

If you'll be using VA benefits, contact Registration Services at prior to the third Friday of the quarter to make sure all needed authorizations are in place.