Skip to main content
Non-Degree Enrollment

Student Services & Resources

UW non-degree students have access to many services and resources on campus, including:

Campus Safety

The Campus Safety & Emergency Resources site has resources related to campus safety and emergency preparedness, including the UW Alert system.

Career Services

Non-degree students are welcome to attend workshops, info sessions and career fairs held by the Career & Internship Center. For a fee, you can also access Handshake, a job networking platform for college students, on a quarterly basis

Disability Services

The Disability Services Office strives to help make the UW community more accessible for all. If you are a non-degree student seeking accommodations for a permanent or temporary disability, contact the office for assistance.

Food Services

Looking for a place to eat or grab a coffee on campus? Housing & Food Services provides a list of restaurant and cafe options, including hours of operation.

Hall Health Center

The Hall Health Center is an outpatient facility that offers quality health care services to UW students and their dependents, to faculty and staff, and to the general public. Check with your insurance provider to see if Hall Health Center services are covered.


While nonmatriculated and graduate nonmatriculated students are eligible to live in campus housing, they have the lowest priority for assignment. This means that they are typically unable to be assigned housing for autumn quarter due to high demand. For information on housing options and how to apply, visit the Housing & Food Services website. 

Husky Card

The Husky Card is the official identification card for members of the UW community. It provides access to a variety of services and opportunities, including UW library services.

Husky NightWalk

Husky NightWalk provides a free walking escort on campus in the evening upon request. Uniformed security guards will escort you to campus locations, the UW Tower and parking garages from 6:30 p.m. to 2 a.m, seven days a week (excluding holidays). To use Husky NightWalk, call 206-685-WALK (9255).

IT Support

Having technical issues? Technical Support is available to help with issues such as account access (e.g., NetID, Canvas, etc.) and course technologies (e.g., Zoom, Google Drive, Mediasite). You can reach Technical Support at or by phone at 206-221-1393 during support hours. 

Regular support hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m.

During the first two weeks of the quarter, there are extended support hours from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays.

UW-IT offers discounted software, collaboration tools and other technical resources for UW students. Some resources may only be available if you’ve paid the technology or computer account fees.

Library Services

The University of Washington library system offers access to millions of print volumes and many online resources. Non-degree students can check out materials at UW libraries beginning the first day of the quarter for which they are enrolled. Your student ID (Husky Card) serves as your library card.


MyUW is the hub for online resources at the UW. Through MyUW, you can check your course enrollment status and schedule. You can also access your final grades and print an unofficial transcript. You need a UW NetID to access MyUW.

Transportation and Parking

Explore options for getting to and around the UW. Transportation Services provides information about transit, biking, parking and more.

Non-degree students taking credit courses may purchase a U-PASS through Non-Degree Registration Services for $150 per quarter. If you purchase a quarterly U-PASS, it will be valid for the calendar (not academic) quarter. See instructions for activating and using your U-PASS. Students taking noncredit courses are not eligible to purchase a U-PASS.

University Book Store

The University Book Store stocks textbooks required for UW classes as well as Husky apparel and a large selection of general, reference and children's books. You can order books over the phone and have them mailed to you (shipping costs may apply).

Veterans Benefits

Current and former service members, as well as their dependents, may be eligible for veterans benefits. For more information, contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office.

Non-Eligible Services & Resources 

  • Intramural Activity Building (IMA)
  • Counseling Center
  • International Student Health Insurance Plan